Thursday, June 23, 2005

DRS School and Air Deccan

Ani and I went to Hyd for a day to see some houses and a school. We went by the Southwest of India, Air Deccan. I liked it. First off, booking was all online, and our tickets were printouts with barcodes. They did not care whether I was an Indian citizen or not. They called me the previous night to let me know my return flight would be delayed by an hour (it was delayed by 3 hours, but that's another story..). They don't serve *anything* onboard, you even have to buy online. That was not a problem for us, we had nice packed food from home on both legs. We drew some looks from other passengers when I unwrapped chapathis and potato palya, but hey, you got to teach them some American ways right ;) ? The aircraft itself was one of those turbo-prop ATRs, I was ok with it since I've done quite a bit of low altitude flying with Intel shuttles.

Hyd was *hot*. We could not finalize any of the houses we saw because of various reasons. We also visited a school there - scouting for Anirudh. DRS International is a good 45 minute drive from my in-laws place in Marredpally. The school is an air-conditioned oasis in the middle of some scrub land. They boast a swimming pool, skating rink, squash court etc. - the price of course matches the amenities. If Ani joins there, it will cost us a cool 65K the first year - this for the pre-K class!!! Even the school buses are airconditioned.. We are not sure about this school yet, would much rather prefer he went to a neighbourhood montessori. Have to see how it goes..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home