Thursday, June 09, 2005

Swift

D booked an "Azure Grey" Maruti Swift for us (http://www.marutiswift.com). It looks like a pretty nice vehicle. We're thinking of getting a Toyota Innova as the other car.

I took 5 hours of a "touch up" class with Mani Motors to get the hang of driving stick shift again. It went pretty smooth so I took Srinath's car for a spin one night and stalled the car near a speed bump bang in the middle of Jayanagar 4th block :( The dang 1st gear always gives me the haath! Have to practice more in the Swift before I'm really road-worthy (i.e., capable to taking the kids around..)

Ani is enjoying himself tremendously especially since Chaitra is also here from a week now.. his appetite has gone way down though. I asked him what he wanted to eat today, I would get him anything and he said he wants the enchilada, rice and beans from On the Border! I guess not eating is the way he's telling us that he misses his old life. I'm hoping this will pass soon.

D and I think all the kids need to get into a routine soon, especially Ani. Hence the "haste" in looking for a house etc. Many of my relatives have been asking me why we want to stay separate from our in-laws in Hyd. I think the idea of a joint family as the best way to live still eclipses practical considerations in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home